Canceling your Max subscription can seem like a hassle, but with a little bit of guidance, the process can be quick and painless.
Whether you’re done binging House of the Dragon or The White Lotus or just need to cut down on your subscription spending for the time being, you can easily cancel your Max subscription in 3 simple steps.
How to cancel your Max subscription in 3 steps?
You can cancel your Max subscription in 3 easy steps. Without further ado, here’s what you need to do.
1. Log into your Max account and go into your profile. Start by logging into your Max account using your credentials.
2. Click on “Subscription”, and “Cancel Your Subscription”. Once you’re logged in, go to Settings and select Subscription. Once you get to the Subscription page, click on “Cancel Your Subscription”.
If you don’t have an option for managing your subscription, your Max subscription may be getting billed through a third-party billing provider (the same one you used to initially subscribe to Max). In that case, you’ll be able to see which third-party billing provider your subscription is linked to on the Subscription page.
For example, if you added Max as an add-on to your Hulu subscription, you may need to cancel it directly through Hulu.
3. Click “Cancel Subscription” and confirm your selection. “Cancel Your Subscription” page, there should be a button stating “Continue to Cancel”. The website will prompt you to confirm your selection, and voila! You’re all done, and your Max subscription is canceled.
It’s super easy and you shouldn’t face any problems.
If you are struggling with canceling your subscription, you can always contact the Max customer support team on their website. The team is also available 24/7 on Twitter @MaxHelp!
Why can’t I access my Max subscription?
Can’t log into your Max account? Before freaking out, try closing your browser, clearing the cache and data, then relaunching your browser or app and trying to log in again.
If you’re still unable to access your Max subscription, there could be a few different possibilities to explain why:
- Do you share your subscription with someone else or did you get a limited free trial to Max when you subscribed to another streaming service? Your subscription may have expired or been canceled. Contact Max customer support to figure out why this may have happened.
- Are you subscribed to many different streaming services? You may be entering the wrong login information—an honest mistake!
- Are you logging in on a new device? Your device may not be compatible with Max (be sure to check Max’s list of compatible devices).
- Are you traveling? Your device may not be located in a region where Max is available.
- Did you double-check your connectivity? There may be an issue with your internet connection. A simple restart of your router may help solve this problem.
If none of these reasons apply, it's best to contact the customer support of Max for further assistance.
What plans are available on Max?
Maybe you’re enjoying Max, but you’re looking for something a bit more affordable. We have some good news and some bad news. The good news is that Max has gotten more flexible with their pricing model—they now offer 3 plans: an ad-supported plan, an ad-free plan, and an ultimate ad-free plan. But the bad news is even if you add Max to your subscription using another streaming service, the monthly subscription price remains the same.
HBO Max (No Ads)
The best deal for getting Max is by subscribing to DirecTV Stream’s Premier plan, which gives you 2 months of Max for free. However, that means forking over DirecTV Stream’s much larger subscription cost, so it’s only worth it if you’re really looking for an all-around replacement for cable TV.
Our takeaway: You can cancel your Max subscription in 3 easy steps.
Canceling your subscription shouldn’t feel like you're trying to decrypt a secret code—and luckily, Max makes the process quite simple and straightforward.
Here are the 3 steps to follow to cancel your Max subscription:
- Log into your Max account and go into your profile.
- Click on “Subscription”, and then the button that says “Manage Subscription”. (Note: If you don’t have an option for managing your subscription, your Max subscription may be getting billed through a third-party billing provider (the same one you used to initially subscribe to Max). In that case, you’ll need to cancel your subscription through them.)
- Click “Cancel Subscription”, and confirm your selection. That’s it!
The process is very easy and you shouldn’t face any problems. But if you do, you can always contact the Max customer support team on their website. The team is also available 24/7 on Twitter @MaxHelp!
Keep in mind that deleting the app is not enough to cancel your subscription. You need to formally cancel your subscription using the steps above to avoid getting charged the next month.
Tara Khudairi • Author
Tara Khudairi is a freelance content writer and copywriter based in Toronto. Since 2014, she has contributed to brands and blogs alike to tackle popular topics relating to technology, personal finance, entertainment, travel and lifestyle. Whether it’s the latest streaming service or cryptocurrency, she’s passionate about making the complex simple. When she’s not busy typing away, you’ll find Tara watching Netflix’s latest true crime doc or a classic 90’s horror flick.
Lisa Holden • Editor
Lisa Holden is an editor and creative based in Houston, TX. Lisa holds a BA in African-American Studies from Temple University and has spent her career working in news publications and magazines, even founding a magazine herself. When she’s not editing or working on one of her many creative endeavors (whenever that is), she enjoys traveling to new places and biking on sunny days.